Friday, January 16, 2009

Denmark is that you?

Heg,

I was very excited to visit Denmark and had many visions of what it would be like to meet the prince. For those of you who have seen The Prince & Me, I envisioned my experience to be one like Paige Morgan’s (played by Julia Stiles) in the movie. I would be standing watching the royal family parade by and he would see me in the crowd and whisk me away on his royal white horse as the people cheered. I had visions that he would take me to the royal palace and the queen would guide me to the royal safe and let me choose anything I wanted from the collection of royal jewels. And finally, I had visions of being Queen!

I am sad to report that the closest I got to the prince was seeing the queens carriages and of course as you have might have guessed – he’s married. DAMN HIM. I had a dream….

What else did I see in Denmark? Well I am glad that you asked. I saw much of nothing. Yes that is right nothing. The only thing I saw was fog, fog, and more fog. In fact, when I was landing I couldn't’t even see the ground until we actually hit it. I am told that the countryside (which I drove through) is beautiful and resembles Maine. I will have to take their word for it.

I did learn quite a lot though. So I am passing my facts on to you.

1. Did you know that Denmark has the longest spanning free-standing bridge in Europe? It’s true.

2. Did you know that Denmark gets 20% of its energy from wind mills? Yep, it’s true.

3. Did you know that Denmark produces its oil and natural gas therefore does not have to rely on buying alternative energy sources? They are fortunate unlike the Germans who had the Russians turn off their supply of gas during a cold spell! Also all true.

4. Did you know that Denmark has regulated and outlawed trans-fat?! It’s only allowed in 12 or so products and cannot be above 20%. True.

5. And finally, did you know that the Danish know a thing or two about…well everything. Just ask them! I guess the Danish and the Greeks have more in common than I thought.

Finally my friends I leave you with this. Do you think it was necessary for someone to tell me that their sister was having surgery on her rectum and why? You decide....(I’m not making it up..it's true.)

IDEXX Digital Development Team - IDEXX PACS 3.0.48 has visited Denmark.

Farvel

Disclaimer: Fotine Sotiropoulos accepts no liability for the “fun facts” listed above given to her by a third-party resource and is not subject to any ridicule for the consequences of any verbal actions taken on the basis of the information provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment